Hi! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the holidays. Today, I’m sharing a delicious AND practical recipe with you. I hope you have some leftover Christmas cake begging to be put to good use because these parfaits are out-of-this-world!
Grab a spoon and dive in to scoop out layers of strawberry filled strawberry jelly, eggnog spiced whipped cream and crumbly fruit cake. Not only do the flavours blend beautifully but these parfaits are so easy to throw together, making them perfect for holiday entertaining!
Well Christmas has come and gone! I had a truly fantastic time with my family and really enjoyed catching up with out of town family members and friends. I also had a hold of my newborn niece, ate way too much food and ended up with some gorgeous gifts, including a few new cookbooks to add to the ever growing collection.
It’s been so refreshing to have time off work and be able to catch up with loved ones. I also had a chance to make these parfaits and they were just too good not to share.
Parfaits are the prettiest desserts but they only require minimum effort for their presentation. This dessert can be thrown together in about 15 minutes (apart from waiting for the jelly to set) but tastes absolutely amazing. The whipped cream is spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg, plus a little rum extract and it tastes just like creamy eggnog.
Combining fruit cake, eggnog whipped cream, strawberry jelly and fresh berries, it is a fresh and flavourful dessert. Don’t let your leftover Christmas cake go to waste – these parfaits are an absolutely must!
Leftover Christmas Cake Parfaits
Leftover Christmas Cake Parfaits with layers of strawberry jelly, eggnog spiced whipped cream and Christmas fruit cake.
- Yield: Serves 4
- 250 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) fresh strawberries
- 85 grams (1 small packet) raspberry or strawberry jelly crystals
- 480 ml (2 cups) thickened or heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups leftover Christmas cake or fruit cake
- Extra berries for decorating
- Chop the strawberries in quarters and divide them up between four parfait glasses. Make the jelly according to the packet directions and then gently pour over the strawberries. Refrigerate until the jelly is set.
- Next, whip the cream with an electric mixer until it forms soft peaks. Then gently fold in the nutmeg, cinnamon and rum extract. Roughly chop your Christmas cake into small cubes. Then pipe a layer of your whipped eggnog cream on top of the jelly or gently spoon into the glass and spread to the edges.
- Pile on plenty of Christmas cake. Then top with a dollop of extra cream and decorate with fresh berries and a sprinkling of cinnamon. Enjoy!