Prep: 20 minutesCook: 18 minutesTotal: 38 minutes
Gooey Smores Cookie Bars full of chunky chocolate pieces and mini marshmallows.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (30 grams) mini marshmallows, plus a few extra for decorating
- 120 grams (3/4 cup) dark chocolate chunks
- One small (40 grams) Herseys bar
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Grease and line an 8-inch square pan with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour and baking soda and stir using a wooden spoon. Add the mini marshmallows and chocolate chunks and mix through.
- Transfer the cookie dough into your prepared tin and press down the top as evenly as possible. Place in the oven for approximately 18 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then add the pieces of the Herseys bar on top before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and enjoy.
Serving Size: 1 bar Calories: 268
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: American