Gluten free chocolate chip cookies made from scratch.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) gluten free plain flour*
- 35 grams (1/4 cup) cornflour or corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt, optional
- 150 grams (1 cup) gluten free milk chocolate chips, plus extra to decorate
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar using an electric beater for 1-2 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add vanilla, egg and egg yolk and beat until combined. Sift in flour, cornflour, baking soda and salt, if using, and mix to combine. Add chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill the cookie dough for AT LEAST one hour.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Use a cookie scoop to roll balls of dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each) in your hands and place them onto your prepared trays, leaving room for the cookies to spread out.
- Bake for approximately 10-11 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Press a few extra chocolate chips on top. Carefully transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
*I tested this recipe using White Wings Gluten Free Plain Flour which is made from rice flour. Results may vary when using different brands and types of gluten free flours.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 235
Keywords: Gluten free cookies, gluten free choc chip cookies