Soft and chewy Gingerbread Cookie Bars decorated with white chocolate and M&M’s.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) molasses
- 1 large egg
- 350 grams (2 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) white chocolate
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) red and green M&M’s, for decorating
- 15 pretzel sticks
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper. Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F).
- In a large mixing bowl, add melted butter. Add sugars, vanilla, molasses and egg and stir to combine. Add flour, baking soda, ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon and stir until combined – batter will be quite thick.
- Place gingerbread batter in prepared tin and press down to form one even layer. Use the back of a spoon or your hands to press it right into the corners.
- Bake gingerbread for 18-20 minutes or until firm to the touch. Leave to cool completely before slicing.
- Divide cookie bars into three even rows. Then cut each row diagonally to form 5 triangles (see photo above). Repeat until you have 15 Christmas trees.
- Use a skewer or chop stick to poke a hole in the bottom of each triangle. Insert a pretzel stick into each one (as the Christmas tree branch).
- Melt white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Use a skewer or small piping bag fitted with a small nozzle to pipe lines of white chocolate on each Christmas tree. Add M&M’s on top.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 284
Keywords: Gingerbread cookie bars, Gingerbread, Cookie bars