Perfect Funfetti Sour Cream Cookies that are crispy on the outside and as light as air on the inside.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) full fat sour cream
- 280 grams (2 cups) plain flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup funfetti sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until pale and creamy.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, one at a time, and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sour cream and mix until smooth. Add the sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix briefly until combined, but be careful not to over mix.
- Use a medium size cookie scoop* to portion out the mixture and place on the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out slighty. Use your hands to sprinkle the funfetti pieces all over each cookie.
- Place in oven for 8 minutes or until just golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
I used a size 40 cookie scoop which has a 1.5 inch diameter. If you’re using a smaller or larger cookie scoop, you may want to adjust the cooking time.