Prep: 20 minutesCook: 35 minutesTotal: 55 minutes
Easy homemade apple crumble with a crispy oat crust.
- 5 large apples*
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cornflour or corn starch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 100 grams (1 cup) rolled oats
- 70 grams (1/2 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 55 grams (1/2 cup) pecans, roughly chopped
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Set aside a 9 inch pie plate. Chop apples into 1/2 inch squares and place in a large bowl.
- Add cinnamon, cornflour, lemon juice and sugar to apples. Stir together until apples are fully coated. Transfer to your pie plate and spread out into one even layer.
- To make the crumble, place oats, flour, pecans and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Pour over melted butter and stir together until a wet crumble forms.
- Scatter crumble all over the top of the apples until they are completely covered. Place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until oats are golden and apples are tender.
- Leave apple crumble to cool slightly for 5 minutes before serving with whipped cream or ice cream.
*Apples: You can use red or green apples in this recipe, whichever you prefer. You can also leave the skin on the apples if you want to save time – I usually do.
Serving Size: 1 big scoop Calories: 498 Sugar: 42.7 g Sodium: 129.8 mg Fat: 22.6 g Carbohydrates: 71.4 g Protein: 4.7 g Cholesterol: 41.2 mg
Nutrition information is a guide only.
Category: DessertCuisine: Australian