Easter Egg Rocky Road is absolutely packed with mini Easter eggs, mini marshmallows, with an extra crunch from a handful of roasted peanuts.
- 450 grams (3 cups) good quality dark chocolate (45% cocoa), roughly chopped
- 65 grams (1/2 cup) roasted peanuts, salted
- 60 grams (1 cup) mini marshmallows
- 360 grams (2 cups) mini Easter eggs, unwrapped
- Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tin with baking or parchment paper.
- Place chocolate in a large, heatproof bowl, Melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth and creamy.
- Add peanuts, marshmallows and two thirds of the mini Easter eggs to chocolate and stir until everything is coated in chocolate.
- Pour chocolate mixture into prepared tin and spread out until into one smooth layer. Press the rest of the mini Easter eggs on top while the chocolate is still wet. Refrigerate for two hours or until the chocolate is set.
- Cut into small squares and serve. Store rocky road in the fridge in an airtight container.
Chocolate: I’ve recommended a good quality dark chocolate, but milk chocolate or even white chocolate will work fine. Sometimes I like to use half dark and half milk chocolate. Try using a block of chocolate, rather than chocolate melts or chocolate chips.
Peanuts: I recommend using roasted salted peanuts but you can really use whatever nuts you prefer. If you don’t want to use nuts, you can leave them out. Just throw in a few extra marshmallows and/or Easter eggs.
Marshmallows: Mini marshmallows work nicely in this recipe. But you can use large marshmallows if you like.
Easter eggs: Any of your favourite mini Easter eggs will work well.