Easter Egg Cookie Dough Truffles with a hidden Easter egg inside!
- 10 mini caramel filled Easter eggs
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150 grams (3/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 75 grams (1/2 cup) milk chocolate chips
- 300 grams (2 cups) dark chocolate melts
- Sprinkles to decorate
- Roughly chop the butter into chunks and place in a mixing bowl, along with the sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar for a few minutes until smooth and creamy. Add the vanilla and beat for 30 seconds or so. Then sift in the flour and gently stir with a wooden spoon or a spatula. Add the milk, one tablespoon at a time, until the dough reaches your desired consistency. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for around 30 minutes.
- Peel the wrappers off your mini Easter eggs. Line a large tray with baking or parchment paper and take the cookie dough out of the fridge. Gently grab teaspoons of the cookie dough and then wrap it around each Easter egg. Then roll it into a smooth ball using your hands. Pop each one onto the prepared tray until all ten are done. Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes – this will help you to achieve a nice smooth coating when it comes to the dipping.
- Place a small saucepan on a medium heat with about 5cm or 2 inches of water in the bottom. Pop the chocolate into a small heatproof bowl and place the bowl on top of the saucepan, ensuring the bottom of the bowl will not touch the water below. Gently stir as the steam slowly melts the chocolate and it becomes silky and smooth.
- Once the chocolate has completely melted, remove the saucepan from the heat but keep the bowl on top. Grab the truffles from the freezer and one at a time, pop them into the chocolate. Swirl each one around until it is fully coated and then lift it out with a fork and place it back onto the tray. Before the chocolate fully sets, pop a few sprinkles on top. Continue until you have done all ten truffles and then place them back into the fridge to fully set for another 20 minutes.
Keywords: Cookie dough, Chocolate, Easter, Easter eggs