A soft and tender Dairy Free Blueberry Cake made with almond milk.
- 155 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or cornflour
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 200 grams (1 cup) caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) vegetable oil
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 60 grams (1/2 cup) icing or powdered sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease and line a 9 inch cake tin with baking or parchment paper.
- Add 1 cup blueberries (set aside remaining 1/4 cup of blueberries) and cornflour to a small bowl and mix until blueberries are coated. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder and sugar. Gently whisk together.
- Add eggs, vanilla, oil and almond milk. Gently mix until combined – but be careful not to over mix. Add coated blueberries and stir briefly.
- Pour batter into prepared tin. Add extra blueberries on top.
- Bake cake for approximately 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the glaze, stir together sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. If the glaze is too thick, add an extra tablespoon of lemon juice. Drizzle glaze over cooled cake and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 303
Keywords: Blueberry cake, Dairy free blueberry cake