Soft and chewy cookies loaded with M&M’s 🎉
Looking for a go-to cookie recipe? I’ve got you covered. These Colourful M&M Cookies are the perfect addition to your baking repertoire.
With golden brown edges and a chewy centre, these cookies are absolutely PACKED with crunchy, colourful M&M candy.
These cookies are one of the first recipes I posted on Sweetest Menu back in 2014. I’ve since updated the photos on the post but the recipe remains the same.
It’s a really simple cookie recipe, not to mention, delicious. You probably have all the ingredients sitting in your pantry right now.
These buttery cookies are packed with flavour, thanks to brown sugar and a dash of vanilla. Add loads of M&M’s and you have one of my favourite cookies. It’s no secret that I love to use M&M’s in my baking.
My only advice when making these cookies is to be sure to follow the recipe and let them chill for at least 30 minutes. That way, they won’t spread to much in the oven.
This means you’ll end up with a delightfully chewy cookie, with a buttery centre and crispy edges AKA perfection.
If you’re anything like me, these will become your new go-to cookies. You can also add chocolate chips if you like for extra chocolate goodness.
Why not give these cookies a go this weekend? If you get a chance to try them, be sure to take a photo and tag me on Instagram, I love seeing your creations!
Buttery cookies loaded with crunchy M&M’s.
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or corn starch
- 200 grams (1 cup) plain M&M’s*, plus extra for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add butter, sugars, vanilla, egg and beat using an electric beater until combined. Add the sifted flour and baking soda and beat until smooth Add M&M’s and stir until combined.
- Cover and place cookie dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. This will help the dough firm up so the cookies won’t spread too thin during baking.
- Roll tablespoons of cookie dough into balls and place on baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and still soft and gooey in the middle.
- Press a few extra M&M’s on top, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can use any type of M&M’s you like for this recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 244