Soft and chewy Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies drizzled with chocolate.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 135 grams (3/4 cup) brown sugar
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cup) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 40 grams (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Melted chocolate, to drizzle
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Add vanilla, molasses and egg yolk. Beat again to form a creamy mixture.
- Sift in flour, cocoa, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg and best briefly until dough starts to come together. Form dough into a smooth round disc. Wrap the dough in plastic and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two cookie or oven trays with baking paper. Lightly flour bench and roll out dough using a rolling pin. Dust your rolling pin as you go to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cut out shapes and place the cookies onto the prepared trays. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 148
Keywords: Gingerbread cookies, Gingerbread chocolate cookies, Cut out gingerbread cookies