Prep: 30 minutesCook: 12 minutesTotal: 42 minutes
Easy Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies that taste like part cake, part cookie!
- 115 grams (1/2 cup / 1 stick) unsalted butter
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 140 grams (1 cup) plain flour or all purpose flour
- 20 grams (1/4 cup) cocoa powder
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cup) Devil’s Chocolate Cake Mix*
- Pinch of salt
- 150 grams (1 cup) milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Line two baking trays with baking or parchment paper.
- Place butter in a heatproof bowl and heat in the microwave until JUST melted. You don’t want the butter to be too hot, but just soft enough to stir with a fork until smooth.
- Add sugars, vanilla and egg and stir until smooth. Add flour, cocoa powder, cake mix and salt and stir until soft cookie dough forms. Add chocolate chips and stir.
- Scoop balls of cookie dough (approximately 1.5 tablespoons each) and roll them smooth using your hands. Place on prepared tray, leaving room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake cookies for approximately 11-12 minutes. Cookies may look a little under baked but will firm up as they cool.
*I tested this recipe using Betty Crocker’s Devil’s Chocolate Cake Mix.
Category: CookiesCuisine: American