Homemade Chai Blondies filled with warm spices.
- 170 grams (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 180 grams (1 cup) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cup) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat your oven to 180 C (360 F). Grease and line an 8 inch square baking tray with baking or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar using an electric beater until combined – be generous as this will help develop that lovely buttery caramel flavour, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add your vanilla and egg and mix again until combined. Add flour, along with all the spices and beat briefly until a soft cookie dough forms.
- Transfer mixture to your prepared baking tin, spreading out to make one even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Leave in tin to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 231
Keywords: Bars, Blondies, Chai, Cinnamon