Buttery cookie cups stuffed with white chocolate and caramel sauce.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate
- 240 ml (1 cup) caramel sauce (homemade or storebought)
- Sea salt flakes
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric beater until combined. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda and stir using a wooden spoon or spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees (360 F).Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with a little butter or a quick spray of cooking oil and set aside. Using your hands, roll small balls of the dough and place each one into the mini muffin tin. Continue until you have filled 20 mini muffin holes – don’t be tempted to make these any bigger as they will overflow and it will be difficult to remove them from the muffin pan.
- Gently press down on the cookie dough with your fingers so the dough fills the cavity and has a flat top. Then grab a rolling pin lightly dusted with flour and press down and twist on top of the dough to create a hole in the middle of each cookie.
- Place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cookies turn golden brown. Remove from the oven. At this point, the cookie will have puffed up quite a bit, so grab your rolling pin again and very gently reinforce the hole in the middle of each cookie.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes and then gently remove from the tray and place onto a cooling wire rack. It’s ok if the cookies appear really soft, especially in the middle, as they will firm up when they cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled, melt your white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Fill each cookie cup up halfway with white chocolate. Leave for a few minutes for the white chocolate to set slightly.
- Add caramel sauce to each cookie cup and then sprinkle with salt. These cookie cups are best enjoyed straight away but will keep for 1-2 days in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie cup
- Calories: 208
Keywords: Cookies, Caramel, White chocolate, Baking