Buttery cookie cups stuffed with white chocolate and caramel sauce.
- 115 grams (1/2 cup or 1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 175 grams (1 and 1/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (1 cup) white chocolate
- 240 ml (1 cup) caramel sauce (homemade or storebought)
- Sea salt flakes
- In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat with an electric beater until combined. Add the vanilla and the egg and beat until mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda and stir using a wooden spoon or spatula. Cover with plastic wrap and chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180 C (350 F) standard / 160 C (320 F) fan-forced. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with a little butter or a quick spray of cooking oil and set aside.
- Using your hands, roll small balls of the dough and place each one into the mini muffin tin. Continue until you have filled 20 mini muffin holes – don’t be tempted to make these any bigger as they will overflow and it will be difficult to remove them from the muffin pan.
- Gently press down on the cookie dough with your fingers so the dough fills the cavity and has a flat top. Then grab a rolling pin lightly dusted with flour and press down and twist on top of the dough to create a hole in the middle of each cookie.
- Place in the oven for approximately 10 minutes or until cookies turn golden brown. Remove from the oven. At this point, the cookie will have puffed up quite a bit, so grab your rolling pin again and very gently reinforce the hole in the middle of each cookie.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes and then gently remove from the tray and place onto a cooling wire rack. It’s ok if the cookies appear really soft, especially in the middle, as they will firm up when they cool.
- Once the cookies have cooled, melt your white chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 seconds, until smooth. Fill each cookie cup up halfway with white chocolate. Leave for a few minutes for the white chocolate to set slightly.
- Add caramel sauce to each cookie cup and then sprinkle with salt. These cookie cups are best enjoyed straight away but will keep for 1-2 days in an airtight container.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie cup
- Calories: 208
Keywords: Cookies, Caramel, White chocolate, Baking