Oh yeah. I totally went there.
I made my perfect chocolate chip cookie with DOUBLE the chocolate. The BIG Fat Chocolate Chip Cookie. Seriously thick, golden brown and absolutely LOADED with chocolate chunks.
They are chewy and soft, with an almost cake-like texture, but the best part? The gooey pockets of chocolate that ooze out at every opportunity. They are perfection.
Everyone has their favourite chocolate chip cookie. Whether it’s thin and crispy, thick and cakey, dotted with chocolate chips or brimming with chocolate chunks.
And now I’m sharing my recipe for Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies.
So how are they different?
Well to start, they have DOUBLE the chocolate. Yes yes yes. And a little more sugar and flour, resulting in a thicker, chunkier cookie. AKA BIG FAT cookies. You guys HAVE to try these!
And when you do, make sure you eat one (or three) soon after they come out of oven. Because that’s when you will get ALL that melty chocolate going everywhere. Which is the best part, am I right?
So how was your weekend? Mine was great! The weather was glorious so we went to the beach for a gorgeous coastal walk. This city has some seriously amazing beaches!
We also walked down to our local fish market. We had heard it was good but had no idea how awesome it was going to be! There was wall-to-wall seafood of all kinds, plus plenty of cooked seafood good to go. We bought some Maui Maui to try!
I also succumbed to getting a shopping kart this week. You know the ones right? The granny trolley with wheels? I love walking to the shops but it’s a good 30 minutes away. So to save my arms from falling off by the time I get home, I got a granny trolley. Embarrassing but totally worth it.
Big Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
BIG Fat Chocolate Chip Cookies with DOUBLE the chocolate! Seriously thick, golden brown cookies absolutely LOADED with chocolate chunks.
- Yield: Makes 10-12 cookies
- 115 grams (1 stick or 1/2 cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 90 grams (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 245 grams (1 and 3/4 cups) plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or cornstarch
- 225 grams (1 and 1/2 cups) dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F). Line two baking trays with baking paper. In a large mixing bowl, add the butter and sugars and beat using an electric beater for a minute or two until smooth and creamy. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat until combined, scrapping down the sides. Add the sifted flour, baking soda and cornflour and stir using a wooden spoon.
- Roughly chop the chocolate into a mix of large and small pieces. Then add the chocolate chunks into the cookie dough. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on the prepared baking trays, leaving room for the cookies to flatten out. Place in oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the edges. Leave to cool for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.